Professor in Physical Geography
University of Bucharest – Faculty of Geography
Doctoral Studies „Simion Mehedinţi – Nature, Man, Society”
Adress: 1, Av. Nicolae Bălcescu, 010041 Bucharest, Sector 1
Tel:+40 21 3053832 birou
Fax: +40 213153074 secretariat E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current job position – University Professor (since 2006) – Department of Meteorology and Hydrology
Ph.D. Degree (1990-1996) – Universitty of Bucharest
- Ph.D. Thesis : “Climate and human behaviour” defended on 4 July 1996 and published in 1998 at the Enciclopedic Publishing house.
- Ph.D. Degree : obtained in 1996.
Ph.D. Leadership (since 2009):
- 12 Ph.D. theses defended on public session;
- 6 Ph.D. theses in progress;
- 42 Ph.D. reports as scientific reviewer.
Area of competence : Meteorology and Climatology
Research directions: Biometeorology and bioclimatology, Weather and Climate Risk Phenomena, Air Pollution, Applied Climatology, Regional Climatology, climate Changes.
Ph.D. theses under coordination:
a. Ph.D. theses defended :
- The bioclimate potential of the Southern Dobrudjan Plateau
- Meteo-climatic elements and phenomena specific of the Braşov – Ghimbav airdrome responsability area
- Spatialization of meteorological and climatological parameters by GIS techniques
- Indoor ambient well-being inside an office building
- Specific interventions in case of weather hazards over the Romanian territory
- Mechanisms of climatic variability at Atlantic-European scale, with special focus on air temperature and rainfall in Romania
- Meteorological documentation and flight safety within the area of interest and responsability in the Bucharest metropolitan region (Otopeni, Băneasa, Clinceni)
- Blizzards in SE Romania
- The monitoring and assessment of dry and drought phenomena in the Oltenia Plain
- The monitoring and assessment of hail-stone related risks in S Romania
- Atmospheric modeling of main air-polluants transport and dispersion over Romania’s territory
- Air-temperature differences in Bucharest town area
b. Ph.D. theses on progress:
- Parameter selective operational standards for representative weather stations in Romania
- Heat waves in Romania
- Dynamics of rainfall regime in Oltenia in the context of climate change
- Variability of hydro-meteorological regime of the Black River
- Adaptability of natural and anthropical systems in the touristic area of Sinaia town to climate variations between 1987 and 2018.
- Management of emergency situations in case of forest fires, in the context of some hazardous meteo-climatic phenomena in Romania.
Institutional research infrastructure:
- Automatic weather stations with sensors for global solar radiation, air-temperature, relative humidity, wind direction and speed, air pressure, rainfall amounts.
- Automatic agroclimatic station with sensors to measure air-temperature and humidity at root and leaf plant level and on the earthground.
- Automatic microclimatic station with sensors to measure climatic and bioclimatic parameters in indoor spaces
- Portable digital radiometers and luxmeters
- Automatic station to measure UV and erithemal UV radiations
- Radioactivity digital station
- Portable digital sonometer
- Portable digital thermohygrometers
- Portable digital anemometers
- Portable digital biometeorological stations.
Selecţie publicaţii ştiinţifice recente:
1. Irina ONŢEL, Nicoleta IONAC (2015) Land Surface Temperatures Estimated on Ground-Observed Data and Satellite Images. During the Vegetation Period in the Oltenia Plain, (20-21 martie 2015, Cluj-Napoca, Romania) (Eds. in Chief: Gheorghe Şerban, Adina Croitoru, Iulian Holobâcă, Răzvan Bătinaş, Csaba Horvath, Traian Tudose), Casa Cărţii de Ştiinţă, Cluj-Napoca, p. 80 – 87, ISSN: 2067-743X.
2. Cosmin Şchiopu, Nicoleta IONAC (2015) Thunderstorms – Risk Factors in Aviation. Case Study: Area of Responsibility of the Bucharest-Otopeni Aerodrome on 30. 06.2009, rev. Riscuri şi Catastrofe, Ed. Victor Sorocovschi, an XIV vol. 17, nr. 2/2015, pag 49-55; ISSN: 1584-5273.
3. ŞCHIOPU Cosmin Liviu, IONAC Nicoleta (2015) Icing – A Risk Factor in Aviation. A Case Study: The Plane Crash in the Apuseni Mts. (Romania) on 20.01.2014, vol. “Present Environment and Sustainable Development”, vol. 9, nr. 1, Editura Universităţii „Al. I. Cuza” Iaşi, pag. 243-250, indexare De Gruyter DOI 10.1515/pesd-2015-0018 www.pesd.ro
4. MACO Bogdan-Alexandru, IONAC Nicoleta, DUMITRACHE Rodica Claudia (2016) Meteorological Elements Used in the Numerical Forecast of PM10 over the Romanian Territory, vol. “Present Environment and Sustainable Development”, vol. 10, nr. 1, Editura Universităţii „Al. I. Cuza” Iaşi, pag. 81-90, indexare De Gruyter DOI 10.1515/pesd-2016-0007 www.pesd.ro
5. TUDORACHE George-Stelian, IONAC Nicoleta , MACO Bogdan, MANEA Ancuța (2017) Changes of Historical Metadata Reflected in the Wind Parameters at Iași Meteorological Station, vol. “Present Environment and Sustainable Development”, vol. 11, nr. 1, Editura Universităţii „Al. I. Cuza” Iaşi, pag. 109-116, indexare De Gruyter DOI 10.1515/pesd-2017-0010 www.pesd.ro
6. TUDORACHE G.S., IONAC Nicoleta, DUMITRESCU Al., MANEA Ancuţa (2017) Analysing the Homogeneity of Air Temperature, Relative Air Humidity,Precipitation and Wind Data Series using “Climatol”and Meteorological Metadata, (17-19 martie 2017, Cluj-Napoca, Romania) (Eds. in Chief: Gheorghe Şerban, Adina Croitoru, Iulian Holobâcă, Răzvan Bătinaş, Csaba Horvath, Traian Tudose), Casa Cărţii de Ştiinţă, Cluj-Napoca, p. 50 – 57, ISSN: 2067-743X. DOI: 10.24193/AWC2017_07.
7. URIŢESCU B., IONAC Nicoleta, GRIGORAŞ G. (2017)The Influences of Land Use on the Urban Heat Island in Bucharest, (17-19 martie 2017, Cluj-Napoca, Romania) (Eds. in Chief: Gheorghe Şerban, Adina Croitoru, Iulian Holobâcă, Răzvan Bătinaş, Csaba Horvath, Traian Tudose), Casa Cărţii de Ştiinţă, Cluj-Napoca, p. 259 – 265, ISSN: 2067-743X, DOI: 10.24193/AWC2017_32
8. MACO B.A., IONAC Nicoleta, TUDORACHE G. (2019) Numerical Prognosis of Dispersion and Transport of Pollutants in Romania, based on Emissions of Pollutants (2019), „Present Environment and Sustainable Development”, vol. 13, Nr. 1/2019, Iaşi, pag. 191-200, DOI: 10.2478/pesd-2019-0015, http://www.pesd.ro/articole/nr.13/nr.1/15.pdf
9. Dana Maria (Oprea) CONSTANTIN, Nicoleta IONAC, Ion MARINICĂ, Victor Viorel VĂTĂMANU, Andreea Floriana MARINICĂ, Elena GRIGORE, Elena BOGAN, Irina ONȚEL (2019) The Agro-Climatic Resources of the Year 2015 and their Impact on the Agricultural Crops in the South – West of Romania, Scientific Papers Series “Management, Economic Engineering in Agriculture and Rural Development”, Vol. 19, Issue 2, 2019 PRINT ISSN 2284-7995, E-ISSN 2285-3952, pag. 81-91, http://managementjournal.usamv.ro/pdf/vol.19_2/Art11.pdf
10. URIȚESCU, B., GRIGORAȘ, G., IONAC Nicoleta (2019) The Influence of Urban Morphology on the Urban Microclimate, ”Air and Water – Components of the Environment”, Conference Proceedings 2019, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, p. 311-322 , DOI: 10.24193/AWC2019_31 http://aerapa.conference.ubbcluj.ro/2019/PDF/31_URI%C8%9AESCU%20et%20al.%20311-322.pdf
11. IONAC Nicoleta, TUDOR I., GRIGORE Elena, CONSTANTIN Dana, URIŢESCU Bogdan, CICĂ Roxana (2019) Is meteorological evidence relevant enough in legal disputes? A Romanian Case-Study, „Present Environment and Sustainable Development”, vol. 13, Nr. 1/2019, Iaşi, pag. 115-128, DOI: 10.2478/pesd-2019-0009 http://www.pesd.ro/articole/nr.13/nr.1/09.pdf