Professor in Human Geography
PhD coordinator since 2000, 25 postdoctoral graduates (2018)
Adress: Calea Dorobanți, no.15-17, sector 1, Bucharest, Faculty of Business & Tourism, Bucharest University of Economic Studies.
Education and training:
- BSc, Faculty of Geology-Geography, Geography, specialisation Economic Geography, University of Bucharest, 1968;
- PhD in Geography, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Geography, 1984, thesis: Quantitative analysis in the study of population and human settlements in Romania
The thesis was published in 1997: Mathematical modelling in Human Geography, Scientific Printing Press.
Scholarhip and specialization stages
- Training program for trainers for SMEs in Italy (University of Padova and CNA Veneto – Mestre/Venice), 1994
- Training program World Bank / Ministry of Education (area of curricular reform) in the Netherlands (at SLO-Enschede, CITO-Arnhem and PMVO – Hague), 1996;
- Specialisation programs at foreign universities: Università degli Studi- Perugia – Italy (1993, 1997, 2000), Nottingham Trent University – Great Britain (1996,1997), Université Paris 1 Sorbonne – Paris and Université des Sciences et Technologie – Lille, France (1992, 1996), University of Barcelona-Spain (1997), Wirtschaft Universität – Wien, Austria (2000, 2004) and so on.
- Post-university course for university management (graduation certificate), 2009.
- Bachelor: Economic Geography of the World, Geopolitics, Geography of Tourism
- Master: Geopolitics, Geostrategy
- University lecturer at the Faculty of Geography, University of Bucharest, 1995-2001
- Associate professor at the Diplomatic Academy/Romanian Diplomatic Institute, 2004 – present
- Associate professor NAI (National Administration Institute), 2007
• Université des Sciences et Technologie, Lille1-Franţa (2009);
• Università degli Studi „Aldo Moro”, Bari, Italia (2009);
• Università degli Studi, Ancona, Italia (2009);
• Université Paris-Dauphine, Franţa (2010).
- Quantitative/Mathematical Geography
- Human and Economic Geography
- Environmental Geography
- Geography of Tourism
- Geopolitics and Geostrategy
Scientific awards and diplomas:
- Honorary member of the Scientists Academy, 2015
- Doctor Honoris Causa of the Oil-Gas University of Ploieşti 2014
- Title of “Professor Emeritus” granted by the Bucharest University of Economic Studies / Ministry of Education and Research, 2012
- “Professor Emeritus” diploma granted by AFER (Romanian Economy Faculties Association), 2010
- Diploma for special merits in promoting scientific research (CNCSIS / Ministry of Education and Research), 2008
- “Simion Mehedinţi” award of the Romanian Academy for the book “Mathematical modelling in human geography” (highest scientific award in Romania), 1999
Selection of recent publications:
- Neacşu, Marius Cristian; Neguţ, Silviu; Vlăsceanu, Gheorghe (2018),The Impact of Geopolitical Risks on Tourism, Amfiteatru Economic, vol. XX, Special Issue no. 12, pp. 870-884.
- Neguț, Silviu; Neacşu, Marius Cristian (2017), Proceedings The International Scientific Conference STRATEGIES XXI, The New Silk Road: One Belt, One Road – A Strategic Power Asset for China, The Complex and Dynamic Nature of the Security Environment, Bucharest, December 7-8, “Carol I” National Defence University Publishinghouse, pp. 81-88, 415 pag., ISSN 2285-8318.
- Neacşu, Marius Cristian; Neguţ, Silviu; Vlăsceanu, Gheorghe (2016),Place Branding – Geographical Approach. Case Study: Waterloo, Amfiteatru Economic, vol. XVIII, Special Issue no. 10, pp. 944-959.
- Neguţ S. (2015), Military Geography – Precursor of Geostrategy, Proceedings The International Scientific Conference STRATEGIES XXI, vol. 2, The Complex and Dynamic Nature of the Security Environment, Bucharest, June 11-12, “Carol I” National Defence University Publishing House, Bucharest, pp. 7-12, ISSN 2285-8318.
- Matei H., Neguţ S., Nicolae I. (2014), Enciclopedia statelor lumii, ediţia a XIII-a, Editura Meronia, Bucureşti, 782 pag., ISBN 978-973-7839-96-1 (alte 12 ediţii anterioare, cu denumiri diferite);
- Suditu, B.; Nae, Mirela; Neguţ, S.; Gheorghilaş, A., Responsabilities and limits of public action in promoting sustainable development, territorial, equity and quality of life in Romania (2014), Amfiteatru Economic, vol. XVI, no. 35, pp. 154-170.
- Nae, Mirela; Suditu, B.; Dumitrache, Liliana; Neguţ, S.; Gheorghilaş, A. (2014), The shifting of repulsive urban areas between public perception and crime. Case study: Bucharest municipality, Revista de Cercetare şi Intervenţie Socială, vol. 44, march, 2014, pp. 86-103.
- Suditu, B.; Nae, Mirela; Neguţ, S., Dumitrache, Liliana; Gheorghilaș, A. (2014), Suburban Landscape in Romania: from „forting-up” to „informal-up” and limits of public action, European Journal of Science and Theology, vol. 10, nr. 5, pp. 125-138.
- Neacşu, M.C.; Neguţ, S; Vlăsceanu, Gh. (2014), Current Challenges of Romanian Tourism Reflected by the Dynamic of Foreign Visitors in Post-Communist Period, Amfiteatru Economic, vol. XVI, Special Issue no. 8, pp. 1117-1128.
- Neguţ S. (2011), Geografia umană, Editura Academiei Române, Bucureşti, 614 pag., ISBN 978-973-27-2029-5.